Crews attend chimney fire at house in Stanley Downton

Profile image for Fontofall55

By Fontofall55 | Friday, February 15, 2013, 06:42

Crews from Stroud attended a chimney fire at a property in the village of Stanley Downton, near Stonehouse, on Tuesday evening.

Fire control responded to a call received at 7.24pm, dispatching one appliance from Stroud Community Fire Station to the scene.

The crew confirmed this was a chimney fire at a private address and that they spent one hour and 15 minutes dealing with the incident.

Due to increased popularity of solid fuel heating, Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service attends a significant number of chimney fires every year, and is advising homeowners to follow its safety advice to prevent such incidents at their properties.

      

Comments

       
max 4000 characters
        
   

Latest Stories in Stroud

       
      

Local Vouchers

       
  • Free 6 month car tax with every car purchased at Swan Motors

    Swan Motor Company Ltd

    Swan Motor Company are offering a Free 6 month car tax with every car purchased at Swa Motors! Only when mentioning this advert (exc part exchange must be bought at screen price.)

    Terms: Only when mentioning this advert
    Excluding part exchange
    Must be bought at screen price

    Contact: 01172449256

    Valid until: Wednesday, April 08 2015

     
   

Search for...

       
        
Min price is bigger than Max price
        
Min price is bigger than Max price
        
Min rent is bigger than Max rent