Fire crews called to chimney fire at Box, near Minchinhampton

Profile image for Fontofall55

By Fontofall55 | Saturday, February 16, 2013, 11:06

Fire crews were called to a chimney fire at a property in the village of Box, near Minchinhampton, on Wednesday evening.

A crew of four firefighters was mobilised to deal with the incident after the control centre received a call reporting the fire at 6.39pm.

The crew were detained at the scene for more than an hour, ensuring the fire was completely extinguished, with no hot spots remaining within the chimney.

Due to increased popularity of solid fuel heating, Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service attends a significant number of chimney fires every year.  

Householders are advised to follow the safety advice available on theGloucestershire Fire and Rescue website to prevent such fires at their properties.

      

Latest Stories in Stroud

       
      

Local Vouchers

       
  • Free 6 month car tax with every car purchased at Swan Motors

    Swan Motor Company Ltd

    Swan Motor Company are offering a Free 6 month car tax with every car purchased at Swa Motors! Only when mentioning this advert (exc part exchange must be bought at screen price.)

    Terms: Only when mentioning this advert
    Excluding part exchange
    Must be bought at screen price

    Contact: 01172449256

    Valid until: Wednesday, April 08 2015

     
   

Search for...

       
        
Min price is bigger than Max price
        
Min price is bigger than Max price
        
Min rent is bigger than Max rent